Layout

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Why Should I Feel Discouraged...

Today, I'm trying to focus on the line, "His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me." 

Yesterday I got a text from someone I'd been working for off and on, and she let me know that she'd pay me for her last order but they'd be using a restaurant in the future. Honestly I have not felt good about our partnership for awhile now. There's been a lot of disorganization and I've felt like I had to beg to get paid. Intellectually I know this is for the best...only I don't know what's next.

What experience tells me is that there is something coming and it will be better. What fear tells me is that--oh screw fear, I'm not going to bother repeating the lies. I am a precious child of God and I am being provided for especially when things change. I am being given what I need right this very second. All I have to do is adjust my wants to align with God's desires for me. (Funny, I went to a meeting on Monday night that was on this subject. Coincidence?)

I got through the first day of slow carb eating without incident although I did peek into my carb cabinet and found there's a half bag of pita chips in there that I need moved out of reach. I didn't eat them (saved myself $10 there) but the afternoons are rough with wanting to snack. I am going to need to work on activities to fill the dangerous hours. I have known for a long time that boredom is a bigger enemy than hunger. 

That's all the news that's fit to print. And just in case there's anyone else who needs reminding:

"Let not your heart be troubled,"
His tender word I hear,
And resting on His goodness,
I lose my doubts and fear;
Though by the path He leads me
But one step I may see:
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.


No comments:

Post a Comment