Layout

Search This Blog

Monday, August 26, 2013

Another Beginning

I just saw that my last post was on Jan. 1, 2012. Nice. So it's been a couple of days, but I'm back, with a new resolve--I hope.

That's been the theme lately: I'm ready to change! (I hope.) Earlier this year, Big Daddy and I went on a diet plan, we did really well for about six weeks, we did okay for about a month, and then we piddled around with it for another month until we were back to Cheetos and Peanut M&Ms. We've been dancing around the fact that we have to start again, again for weeks now because it's a little hard to be optimistic at this point. Then I got a bike.

It was plain blue with no frills, no gears, foot breaks. She's a granny bike with a bell. I will not be taking on the Tour de France on this thing but I started to ride. Just a little. Just around the block. Then I decided she needed sprucing up, and a name. Then I the next morning I rode and I added an evening ride. Then I did it again. I started a "don't break the chain" and today I got to block out the sixth day. Big Daddy went on his maiden voyage this morning and he left me in the dust.

Tomorrow we start another experiment and I am committing to one week. I bought the food. We've cleaned out the junk food. I'll share the adventure with you probably to the point of overkill (but if you can't overdo it, why do it?) Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment