Layout

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Goodbye Sweet Margaret


I learned yesterday that my friend Margaret went to heaven. I really love her and I am really going to miss her. Big Daddy posted yesterday that they had a special friendship since the day they met (in high school) and they did, but that's the funny thing about Mags: I don't know anyone who knew her who didn't feel like they had a special relationship with her Above and beyond her many gifts,  (and seriously, she was pretty and smart and graceful and kind and talented--it would have been really annoying if she just wasn't so darn nice!) Margaret made people feel special. I've thought about this a lot and I think I know where it comes from, I think she knew how to be completely present.

I will miss that most. I will miss being able to send a text and get back a response that made me feel like I am THE MOST AMAZING PERSON EVER! I will miss the way she lit up and reached out and held on like there was nothing more important than right here, right now in this moment. I am going to honor her by trying to slow down breathe deep and pay attention and in my way, share a little bit of the gift she gave to me. But right now, I have to go find a Kleenex.

Peace, love and kindness to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Great post - she was a very special lady. I am so sad to hear she's passed away.

    ReplyDelete